I was looking for a quick applesauce recipe one night to go with some pork chops we were grilling, and this is a variation of a recipe I found online.
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and cored
- 2 Gala, Fuji, or other sweet, crisp apple, peeled and cored
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Chop the apples. If you like a more chunky texture, don't chop them into a small dice.
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes, until the apples are soft.
- If you plan to eat it hot, and there is still a lot of liquid, cook for another few minutes with the top off. If you are going to let it cool, this is less important.
- Mash the apples with a fork or potato masher, and let cool if desired. It's also delicious hot.
<-- Back to main page