- 3 overripe bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter, (or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup chocolate chips or walnuts, (optional)
- Mash bananas in a bowl.
- Add sugar and egg, and mix well.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to wet, plus butter (or oil).
- Gently stir until blended.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes at 325 degrees (check after 45 minutes and then every 5 minutes after, as cooking times vary for different ovens)
- Loaf is done when edges start to brown and a toothpick or knife comes out clean.
<-- Back to main page