Chocolate Chip Cookies
I was home recovering from surgery and wanted cookies, but the Toll House recipe tends to come out thinner than I wanted, so I did some experimenting till I came up with a version that was thicker, a little chewier, and just what I wanted.
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sticks butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fully incorporated.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix in.
- Add vanilla and mix through.
- In a separate bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- When fully mixed, stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop cookies in tablespoons on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for 11-13 minutes.
- Let stand for 4-5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
<-- Back to main page