After reading through a few recipes I found online for eggplant parmesan, I took the pieces of each one I liked and put them together to get this.
- 2 eggplants
- 1 jar tomato sauce, (for this recipe, I like a plain, seasoned sauce, like Ragu)
- 1 block mozzerella cheese, (1 of those blocks from the store dairy section, sliced thinly)
- parmesan cheese, (grate enough to put a nice thick layer over the top)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbl milk
- Italian breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean eggplants, peel, then slice into 1/2 inch slices. (I peel them because I do not like the texture of the skin).
- Mix eggs and milk.
- Grease a cookie sheet w/ olive oil
- Dredge eggplant slices in flour, then in egg mixture, and lastly in breadcrumbs.
- Put coated slices on cookie sheet, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Put in oven for 15 min. check, and flip when bottom side is browned.
- Leave in oven for another 15 minutes (until other side is browned).
- In a 9x13 baking pan, put a layer of eggplant, some sauce, then a layer of mozzarella cheese. (repeat layering until run out of eggplant).
- On top, put a layer of the grated parmesan.
- Bake for ~ 20 min (until cheese on top starts to brown).
- Let sit for a couple minutes to set up, and then serve hot.
<-- Back to main page