A good sorbet recipe that I use when making melon sorbet.
- 1 lb 8 oz melon, (by weight, with rind/peel removed)
- 9 oz sugar
- juice of one lemon
- Put the melon in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Strain puree through fine strainer to get pulp out.
- Place strained melon back in food processor, add lemon juice and sugar, and process for another 30 seconds.
- Put mixture in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in fridge for at least an hour, up to overnight.
- Put mixture in the bowl of ice cream maker and prepare according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer sorbet to airtight container and put in freezer. If possible, let sit in freezer for at least 3 hours before serving. Best if let sit overnight.
<-- Back to main page