This pumpkin bread stays moist for days!
- 16 oz pumpkin puree, (use my pumpkin puree recipe, or if you buy it canned, buy pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 stick butter, melted, then cooled to room temp (5 min in an ice bath)
- 3 1/2 cups AP flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinammon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour three 8"x3.5" loaf pans (this is approx the size of the disposable tins you can get at the store)
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a large bowl (pumpkin, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, oil, butter, water)
- Sift dry ingredients together in a separate bowl (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice)
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Optionally, mix in chopped nuts, raisins, dried cranberries, or whatever else you'd want to mix into the bread.
- Pour evenly into the pans
- Optionally, sprinkle top with crushed nuts
- Bake for 50 minutes in oven. They're done when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
<-- Back to main page