- 2 lbs strawberries
- 10 oz lemons, (weight after removing rind/pith/seeds, just flesh and as much juice as you can save when peeling)
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tbl light corn syrup
- Put sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and leave undisturbed to cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- If berries were frozen, allow to thaw.
- Put berries in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Strain puree through fine strainer to remove seeds.
- Pour cooled sugar syrup, corn syrup, and lemon juice into strained puree and mix to combine.
- Cover mixture with plastic wrap, place in fridge, and let cool for at least an hour, up to overnight.
- Put mixture in the bowl of ice cream maker and prepare according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer sorbet to airtight container and put in freezer. If possible, let sit in freezer for at least 3 hours before serving. Best if let sit overnight.
<-- Back to main page