I like to experiment in the kitchen. I don't know if I would consider myself good, but I enjoy playing, and sometimes what I make is edible.
I thought it might be fun to put together some of my favorite recipes here. Some have been stolen from various sources online (with appropriate credit given when due), while others are "Joe Originals," straight from the creative genius that is my brain.
I hope you enjoy these, and if you actually try any of them and enjoy them, let me know.
- Apple Butter: Goes great on crackers or bread with brie!
- Apple Sauce: An excellent and quick homemade applesauce.
- Banana Bread: A great recipe from my friend Susan
- Berry Sorbet: Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, cherries, and more are great with this.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: My own version of a chocolate chip cookie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn: A fun, super addictive party snack.
- Cinnamon Chocolate Sauce: An awesome ice cream topping.
- Mango Lassi: A delicious Indian drink, great for cooling off spicy dishes.
- Marshmallows: So much more delicious than store-bought!
- Melon Sorbet: Watermelon, canteloupe, or other melons are great with this.
- Pumpkin Bread: A really good recipe I've come up with.
- Pumpkin Puree: Make your own pumpkin puree for use in pies, breads, ice cream, and more.
- Strawberry Hot Pepper Jam: This might be my favorite of the jams I've made
- Strawberry Jam
- Strawberry Lemonade: Super refreshing!
- Strawberry-Lemon Sorbet: One of my absolute favorite flavor combinations.
- Tart Cherry Jam
- Tart Cherry Sorbet: Showcases the great tartness of tart cherries.